I was taken back by Megan Reardon’s interview. To start off, I think it is amazing that she makes a living out of knitting. That’s a very unique job and I think it’s great how over the years she has stuck to her “artsy” persona and figured out a way to make a living out of doing the things she loves. One of the areas she studied in college is costume design and it’s great that she was able to pursue a career that encompasses her love for design. The interview states that several of her knitting patterns have been featured on famous sites and books.
In the beginning of the interview, she is asked why exactly did she start her blog, Not Martha. Megan explained, she started her blog as a way to keep track of things “she’s interested in”. She would use her blog a method of saving things she was interested in, so she could explore them later on. She no intention of having a “well maintained” blog to begin, she just used it as a personal site so save her interests. I personally am able to connect with her here because I view my personal blog as a way to save things I’m interested in as well.
Throughout the middle of her interview, Megan mentions that she deletes negative comments. It’s not that the user is saying something insulting, she mentions if she does not like the “tone” of their post, she will remove it. She stated “If the same tone were used in my home, I would toss them out”. She described some of the comments on her post as combative. She doesn’t allow the comments to affect her personally. However, she does not allow them to continue under her site. There are a lot of great tips one can learn from Megan’s interview. Specifically, why she started in her blog and what is featured in her blog. Her overall attitude towards negativity is also a lesson because she does not allow them to affect her personally. However, she still deals with him. She’s also just an inspiring individual who has made a career out of her passion.

No comments:
Post a Comment